This is a really comforting and warming dish for a cold winters night – a great dish for entertaining.
This dish can be prepared a day in advance and stored in the fridge and then can be re-heated for approximately 45 minutes.
- 12 sausages
- 12oz / 425g plain flour
- 1 goose egg
- 1.5 pts / 900ml milk
- large pinch of salt
- Mix all the ingredients together and leave for at least half an hour to settle.
- Meanwhile heat a very large roasting tin with some oil in a hot oven gas mark 7, 220°C.
- Add 12 sausages and cook for 20 mins.
- When sausages have turned slightly brown add the Yorkshire pudding mixture.
- Cook for further 30-40 mins or until the mixture has risen and is brown and crisp. Serve immediately.