Simply gorgeous, although don’t be alarmed as this will sink in the middle. It is meant to be deliciously damp.
- 7oz / 200g butter
- 7oz / 200g plain chocolate
- 1 goose egg
- 2tsps vanilla extract
- 9oz / 250g caster sugar
- 4oz / 125g plain flour
- 6oz / 175g chopped walnut
- Place butter and chocolate in a bowl, melt either over a pan of hot water or in the microwave – melt on a low heat.
- In a separate bowl mix the goose egg and sugar, in another bowl sift the flour then add the chopped walnuts.
- When the chocolate is cool add the egg mixture and beat well.
- Then add the flour and beat until there is no sign of flour left.
- Empty into apre-lined tin and bake for 30 mins at gas mark 4, 180°C.
- Leave to cool in tin then cut into squares or rectangles.