Kindly supplied by Claire Symington of Seldom Seen Farm.
- 1 whole goose liver
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 oz. butter
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tablespoon orange brandy
- 1 small bunch herbs
- Chop the onion and garlic finely and soften in 1 oz. of the butter until just turning colour.
- Add the liver, herbs and seasoning and fry together quickly for about 5 minutes.
- Cool and then place in the food processor and add the rest of the butter and the orange brandy.
- Blitz until smooth.
- Fill the pate into a pretty china dish and cover the top with a layer of clarified butter.